Re: [Duplicity-talk] amazon s3

From: Brian Sutherland
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] amazon s3
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:06:17 +0200

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 04:37:05PM +0200, Pere Quintana SeguĂ­ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Duplicity website says that it is possible to use duplicity with the
> amazon s3 service.

Works for me, and has been working for quite a while now.

> I'd like to know if this feature is already stable, and if there are
> packages for Ubuntu Dapper for the duplicity version that has this feature.

Having a look at Debian unstable, the version number is
0.4.2-2+sftp+amazons3+compression.1 and there is a changelog entry
stating that the patch was back-ported.

But looking at the actual code in the package, the patch is not there
anymore.

So I doubt if Ubuntu Dapper has the support, but am not sure. Have a
look in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backends.py.

Even if the support is there, you will have to manually install
bitbucket (http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/BitBucket/) as there seems
to be no package available for that.

--
Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"