Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir does not download deleted local sign

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir does not download deleted local signature files
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:25:08 -0000 (UTC)

> It probably should download the remote sigs, but it was not written to
> do that.  It would be easy enough to copy all the sigtar files back if that's
> what you want to do.

I tried doing that with the following before running duplicity:

rsync -a address@hidden:${DEST}/*.sigtar.gz /var/lib/duplicity/
rsync -a address@hidden:${DEST}/*.manifest /var/lib/duplicity/

But it doesn't recognise them :-(

Am I collecting the wrong files?

> I need to check to see why it did not do an incremental on the 3rd run.
> It should have, even if you deleted the local sigs.

But if it has no signature files to compare the current file system against
won't it always do a
full backup?

I'm using this as the duplicity command:

duplicity --archive-dir=/var/lib/duplicity --no-encryption ${LOCALSOURC}
scp://address@hidden/${DEST}

Cheers

Rich.