Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.5 Released

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.5 Released
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:31:43 -0600

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> [repost with correct subject]
>
> Hi folks,
>
> This one fixes the problems in the --archive-dir that has been plaguing
> us for a while.  The fix itself was minimal, but the problem was not at
> all straightforward.  If you used --archive-dir to make a backup, it
> would indeed write the full sigs to both local and remote, then turn
> around and delete the full sig on the remote.  This also left dangling
> or 'orphaned' incremental sigs which was another bug.  On your next full
> backup the problem will be corrected.
>
> There were also 4 patches from Peter Schuller to improve the package.
> It turns out that all but #6279 were applied in 0.4.4 and I did not
> document the fact.
>
> As usual, you can download from:
> http://duplicity.nongnu.org/
>
> ...Thanks,
> ...Ken
>
> New in v0.4.5 (2007/11/26)
> ------------------------------
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?21646
> Fix to handling of collections when --archive-dir is used.
> Prior to this, duplicity would write the full sig files to
> both local and remote, then delete the remote.  Now, it does
> not delete the remote full sigs.
>
> Applied the following patches from Peter Schuller
> patch #6279, add command 'remove-all-but-n-full'
> patch #6280, clarify --archive-dir option
> patch #6281, --help should print to stdout, not stderr
> patch #6282, collection-status: output in more consistent order

There is a patch that really fixes the --archive-dir problem that I
attempted to fix above.  It had nothing at all to do with Peter's
changes at all.

The patch is at https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?21646 and I
would appreciate it if someone would apply it and test it in their
environment to be sure.

...Thanks,
...Ken