Re: [Duplicity-talk] hostname change

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] hostname change
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:19:17 -0600

James Bigler wrote:
> I have two questions.
>
> 1. Is there something I can do to make it so I don't to use
> --allow-source-mismatch anymore (such as run a full instead of
> incremental backup)?

Yes, run a full and you won't need --allow-source-mismatch.

> 2. Why can't I run the incremental backup?

Not sure.  If you could run with -v9 and post the full output from the
command line to the end, I could look into it further.  Regression tests
with --allow-source-mismatch are run before every release, so this is a
new problem.

> I'm running duplicity 0.4.3 on Ubuntu 7.10 with an rsync.net server.
> There is one network issue where it takes a long time to log into the
> rsync.net server, because we don't have reverse dns set up.  I increased
> the timeout from 30 to 90 seconds and I've been able to run backups for
> several weeks before I had to change the name of the host running the
> backups.

Duplicity 0.4.3 is old.  You might want to update to 0.4.9, which is
available at http://www.nongnu.org/duplicity, then try again.  It's
entirely possible the problem has been fixed since then.  There have
been quite a number of fixes since then.

...Thanks,
...Ken