[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.4.9, OS X Leopard -- Amazon S3 & Caught a s

From: Dustin Brewer
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.4.9, OS X Leopard -- Amazon S3 & Caught a socket error
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 00:15:44 -0800

Hello,

A few weeks ago someone posted about receiving a "caught a socket error" when trying to backup to Amazon S3 in OS X. Well, a solution never appeared, and I'm receiving the same error.

I'm using Duplicity 0.4.9 (compiled from MacPorts 1.6), OS X Leopard. Duplicity has never worked via Amazon S3. It works fine using scp or file.

If anyone could provide some information I would appreciate it.

Here is the last few lines of the command:
`duplicity -v9 ~/Documents s3+http://Backup-Geminon-MannkindHomedir`

Main action: inc
Collection Status
-----------------
Connecting with backend: BotoBackend
Archive dir: None

Found 0 backup chains without signatures.
No backup chains with active signatures found
No orphaned or incomplete backup sets found.
Last full backup date: Wed Dec 31 16:00:00 1969
No signatures found, switching to full backup.

Uploading s3+http://Backup-Geminon-MannkindHomedir/duplicity- full.2008-01-24T23:27:09-08:00.vol1.difftar.gpg
Caught a socket error, trying to recover

--
Dustin Brewer
http://www.thenullpointer.net