Re: [Duplicity-talk] Install duplicity on RHEL4

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Install duplicity on RHEL4
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:07:19 -0600

Larry Gibbs wrote:
> I have a box that formerly had duplicity 0.4.3 installed on it.  When
> up2date found 0.4.9 in the EPEL repository it updated it for me.  This is
> where the problem started.  RHEL4 ships with python 2.3.4 and duplicity
> 0.4.9 requires 2.4.  RedHat is not interested in upgrading python so I need
> to go back to the previous version.
>
> I downloaded the 0.4.3 tarball from the nongnu archive and attempted to
> install it but the installation failed.  When I reviewed the README it says
> that it requires python 2.4 also.
>
> I know there is/was a verion of duplicity 0.4.3 that worked with python
> 2.3.4.  Anyone know where I can find it or what I need to do to make it
> work?

Look in http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/duplicity/ for all the
versions of duplicity.  0.4.1 was probably the last one that ran on
Python 2.3, but I think 0.4.2 may run as well.

I would encourage you to upgrade to the newer versions of Python and
duplicity.  Both have improved greatly in the last few years.

...Ken