Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Macports & Duplicity 0.4.10

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Macports & Duplicity 0.4.10
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:43:08 -0500

Darik Horn wrote:
>> I saw no reason to leave the 'd' appended to the prefix
>> since it just muddies the water.
>
> This is related to Patch #6340:
>
>   http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?6340
>
> This keeps the prefix and delimiter variables non-empty to ensure
> consistent behavior between boto releases.
>
> I recommend that duplicity keeps the 'd' prefix and comments it as a
> corner-case handler.

Adding it in just this one case does not make sense.  If you need the
prefix to list() the file, then you need to add the prefix when you
put()/get() the file so it will be there when you list it.  In .9 the
only place where the 'd' prefix is used is in list(), and it was causing
regression to break.  There must be something missing here.

...Ken