[Duplicity-talk] Restoring over existing files analogous to rsync?

From: Iwan Vosloo
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Restoring over existing files analogous to rsync?
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 11:26:35 +0200

Hi,

I'm not sure how restore works when restoring over an existing directory
structure. From
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2008-01/msg00100.html I
gather the intension is that one should always restore from scratch?

We would like to run a nightly restore to a test machine, and it would
be nice if restoring could work like rsync - so that only the diffs
between an existing hierarchy and the (assumed newer) backed-up version
need to be transferred in such a session.

Is this a pipe dream, or is there a way to do such a thing?

Thanks
-i