Re: [Duplicity-talk] Colons in the file names causing problems, --time-s

From: Olivier Croquette
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Colons in the file names causing problems, --time-separator
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:02:14 +0200

Kenneth Loafman wrote, On 21/05/08 14:43:
No, the next backup you do will be forced to be a full backup because it
can no longer find the previous backups.  Try to schedule the change for
when you want to do your next full backup.
Thanks Ken!
I assume that my old backups based on the other naming scheme will still
be available, ie. for restore and other commands. Is that correct?

Yes, just take out the change separator option.

Ah ok, thanks, I assumed the opposite, ie. that Duplicity stored somewhere the list of file names already created.