[Duplicity-talk] Required to use --force when deleting old backup sets?

From: Jon Watson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Required to use --force when deleting old backup sets?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:08:00 -0300

Hi All,

I'm playing with the remove-older-than option and have a question. When I attempt to run with a remove-older-than nD command which goes far enough back to include an entire backup chain, I get this type of output:

Found old backup sets at the following times:
Sat May 17 12:32:43 2008
Sun May 18 03:11:14 2008
Mon May 19 03:02:33 2008
Rerun command with --force option to actually delete.

Note that I have to rerun the command with the --force option in order for duplicity to actually complete the deletion. My question is whether this is normal
behaviour in that duplicity will always require the --force option in conjunction with the remove-older-than command in order to actually perform the deletion
or if this output indicates something odd with my backup set or command that I should fix.

Thanks,

Jon