Re: [Duplicity-talk] gpg backup corruption

From: Nicolas Aspert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] gpg backup corruption
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:35:59 +0200

Hello

Sorry about the late answer, friday was a day off in switzerland :)

Peter Schuller wrote:
However, I do wonder if the problem truly is corruption. I am not sure
of your situation, but I have to wonder whether there is a problem
somewhere other than a random bit flip. Does it seems likely in your
situation that you actually had corruption after the file was
originally written?

I looks unlikely, though I am not sure about how I can check this...

Do you know if the previous backup failed in some particular fashion
that might account for leaving bad files around? Or did the previous
backup, prior to the above error being seen, complete successfully?

Every backup before July 24th suceeded. And afterwards, no way to perform another incremental...

Regards
Nicolas