Re: [Duplicity-talk] Windows alternative to duplicity

From: Robin Smidsrød
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Windows alternative to duplicity
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:35:40 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
You may wish to investigate cygwin. While I don't use it with duplicity specifically, I use it with rsync and other Linux apps dealing with backups and it is a workable solution.
Thank your for the smart hint. I'll have a look and see if I can figure it out. If anyone have a solution for this specific purpose, go ahead.

But there is one catch though, the Windows utility needs to support shadow copying, or else it won't get hold of open files like your registry and stuff... I assume that duplicity won't work with this?

-- Robin