[Duplicity-talk] ioctl sign extension on FreeBSD 6.3 amd64

From: Steve Madsen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] ioctl sign extension on FreeBSD 6.3 amd64
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:06:31 -0500

Separate from my cron issues, I see the following in my kernel log when duplicity runs:

WARNING pid 72869 (python2.5): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffff80087467

This is on FreeBSD 6.3 amd64, current Python, etc. installed from ports.

It seems to show up once each time it connects to the remote host, with a different pid each time. I know the warning is actually coming from Python, but the first time I Googled for this (admittedly, a while ago; can't find links now), some other projects had similar issues and the fix was in the project itself, not Python.

--
Steve Madsen <address@hidden>
Light Year Software, LLC  http://lightyearsoftware.com