Re: [Duplicity-talk] include/exclude problem

From: Justin Tussey
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] include/exclude problem
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 00:26:18 -0500

Did you try the parent's suggestion?

--include '*/a/*' -include '*/b/*'
-jt

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

On Dec 31, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Daniel Nelson wrote:

Jacob wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:17:59 -0700
Daniel Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:
I am having a problem using the include/exclude options.  I have a
directory structure which is similar to this, and I want to backup only
files 'a' and 'b':

test
|-- bar
|   |-- a
|   |-- b
|   `-- c
`-- foo
     |-- a
     |-- b
     `-- c

The command I am trying is:
duplicity -v5 --no-encryption --include '**/a' --include '**/b'
--exclude '**' test file:///testbk

But then only 'a' is backed up:
duplicity list-current-files --no-encryption file:///testbk
Sun Nov 30 21:24:49 2008 .
Sun Nov 30 21:25:03 2008 bar
Sun Nov 30 21:25:01 2008 bar/a
Sun Nov 30 21:24:56 2008 foo
Sun Nov 30 21:24:53 2008 foo/a

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
A bit of a guess, but try changing your includes to:
--include '**/a/**' --include '**/b/**'

If I do this it doesn't add any of the files, which makes sense because that would only match files inside directories 'a' and 'b', but here I am dealing with files.

If I change the include's to 'test/*/a' and 'test/*/b' it works how I want but if i use 'test/**/a' 'test/**/b' it only backs up 'a'.