Re: [Duplicity-talk] Just starting with duplicity

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Just starting with duplicity
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:45:52 -0000 (UTC)

I think the issue is that the username also has an "@" sign in it i.e. its an
email address style
username which is often the case on shared servers.

If Duplicity uses the @ sign to figure out what is username and the host name
then its hostname
would become address@hidden which is wrong.

Would putting "\" or "\\" before the first @ sign help? i.e.

ftp://address@hidden@ftp.ooo-o.com

Would this help the parsing ignore it by treating it as a literal character?

Rich