Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.06 "manifests not equal because different volum

From: Gabriel Ambuehl
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.06 "manifests not equal because different volume numbers" ??
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:08:55 +0100

On Thursday 15 January 2009 18:22:25 Kenneth Loafman wrote:

> The guts of manifest.py have not changed since its inception in 2002,
> but the password request filtering has undergone many changes. If those
> versions work at all, its because the password was requested for the
> incremental backup when it was needed. There would be no way to compare
> the list of volumes otherwise.

I'm also fighting this. As it stands, before 0.5.0.6 (I think I used .3 before that) you did not have to enter the passphrase when you used archivedir (after all, the data is stored locally where it does not need to be encrypted) which is why I used the feature in the first place (that and the fact that you can save a lot of BW on incremental backups).

So for some reason, it now wants to decrypt remote archive files but fails because it does not ask for the password. Ideally, the way it should be working is do not ask for password if you can use local, unencrypted archivedir data.

Regards,
Gabriel