Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.07 Released

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.07 Released
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:54:37 -0500

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Add/update copyright statements in all distribution source files
> and revert duplicity to GPL version 2 license.

This is an interesting change.  Can you talk about why?  Can you even
do that without the agreement of all copyright holders (which IANAL,
but I think are people that have contributed non-trivial patches)?

I know I've seen projects that have switched licenses, and it was an
involved process.  They had to hunt down all the people that committed
patches and if they couldn't contact them, rewrite the code.  It leads
me to believe it's not so simple.

-mt