Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.18 weird GPG error ([key_I_dont_mention] unusab

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.18 weird GPG error ([key_I_dont_mention] unusable public key)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:03:18 +0200

to circumvent problems like this from the start. Because I alraedy know that I will update my duplicity in the future (out of interest) I do
:> python setup.py install --prefix=~/_apps/duplicity-0.5.xx --install-lib=~/_apps/duplicity-0.5.xx

then edit ~/_apps/duplicity-0.5.xx/bin/duplicity

# after
import getpass, gzip, os, sys, time, types
# add a relative path to this versions py files to the pythonpath
sys.path.insert(1,sys.path[0] + '/../')

from then on you can run this duplicity independent from what ever is installed systemwide
of course you could also place it under /usr/local/duplicity-xx or wherever you like

... ede
http://ftplicity.sourceforge.net