[Duplicity-talk] duplicity webdav with adrive.com

From: Mirko
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity webdav with adrive.com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:59:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

Unfortunately duplicity doesn't support ftp over ssl/tls (as ncftp lacks this
feature). So I want to use webdav with my backup server (which is adrive.com)
as I don't want to transfer the password in clear.

This is what happens:

--- CUT ---
address@hidden:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=xxx duplicity -v9 bla
webdavs://address@hidden@www.adrive.com/webDAV.php/backup/test
Using WebDAV host www.adrive.com
Using WebDAV directory /webDAV.php/backup/test/
Using WebDAV protocol http
Main action: inc
Listing directory /webDAV.php/backup/test/ on WebDAV server
Using temporary directory /tmp/duplicity-_thBiA-tempdir
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 583, in ?
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 577, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 506, in main
    globals.archive_dir).set_values()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line 524,
in set_values
    backend_filename_list = self.backend.list()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backends/webdavbackend.py",
line 164, in list
    response = self.request("PROPFIND", self.directory, self.listbody)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backends/webdavbackend.py",
line 111, in request
    response = self.conn.getresponse()
  File "httplib.py", line 856, in getresponse
    raise ResponseNotReady()
ResponseNotReady

Something in the httplib obviously. I can successfully connect to other webdav
servers with duplicity (e.g. gmx.net mediacenter). On the other hand I can
connect to adrive's webdav server with other webdav clients (e.g. cadaver works
flawlessly).

Does anyone has experience with duplicity + webdav? I appreciate every answer!

Bye!
Mirko