[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity duplicates

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity duplicates
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:53:53 -0500

I have a duplicity script that backs up every night.  Suddenly about two weeks
ago it created an incremental update that was about the same size as the full
update.  This overloaded my off site storage.  The directory does not get
changed much so I don't expect this to happen.

1. I deleted the old full update and the new incremental update.
2. The script created a new full update
3. The next night it created a very small incremental update
4. Last night it started creating a huge incremental update.

Nothing in that folder structure has a modified time less than a week, using
find . -newermt "7 days ago"

Is there another way that duplicity suddenly decides that the whole archive
needs to be updated?

Wil a -v 9 option tell me more how it decides on changed files?  Just puzzling
as to why I am getting an archive that is twice as large as I expect.

nice -n19 /sw/bin/duplicity --full-if-older-than 35D --num-retries 5 \
--tempdir /var/tmp/duplicity \
--volsize 250 \
--asynchronous-upload \
--encrypt-key XXXXXXXX \