[Duplicity-talk] trying to convert my backup script

From: turgut kalfaoğlu
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] trying to convert my backup script
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 07:08:29 +0300

I am trying to convert my backup script that copies files to my external drive to use duplicity, so I can benefit from its encryption features, but I'm having no luck.

My script uses rsync to backup a variety of directories, such as /var/www /home/turgut, /etc to the external USB drive.

I am unable to specify more than once source in the duplicity command line.. I tried specifying them all, duplicity said "too many parameters." I then tried the --include option, then it complains of not enough parameters. Then I used duplicity / --include /var/www --include /home/turgut --include etc /run/media/turgut/usbdisk but it complained that / the source already includes my specified directories!

If I divide this work into many different calls of duplicity, one for each directory, then the script stops and asks me for my gnupg passphrase every time, so that's ugly too.

Help!
Thanks, -turgut