[Duplicity-talk] Support for Amazon Glacier

From: Sven
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Support for Amazon Glacier
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 18:37:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

Amazon has launched "Amazon Glacier", the very low-cost bro of S3. It costs as
little as 1 cent per GB with the same quality standards as S3 RDD. Besides the
price, reading a backup is not immediate but with a 3 to 5 hours delay.

http://aws.amazon.com/glacier/

Glacier is a great alternative to S3 when it comes to really large and very
rarely read backups.

Any chance duplicity will get support for it?

(I'd help myself, but I'm from the Ruby camp and unfortunately don't know zilch
about Python.)

Cheers, -sven