[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.6.20 sets terminal parameters

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.6.20 sets terminal parameters
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:59:36 -0500

I recently upgraded to duplicity 0.6.20 and tested it from my terminal and it
ran fine.  However when run as a cron job it now fails.  My sh script that is
run periodically (actually as a launch daemon) has the following in it:

export PYTHONPATH=/sw/lib:/Library/Python
export PASSPHRASE=""
mkdir -p /var/tmp/duplicity

DUPLICITY_OPT="--num-retries 5 \
--tempdir /var/tmp/duplicity \
--volsize 250 \
--asynchronous-upload \
--encrypt-key XXXXXXXX \
--sign-key YYYYYYYY \
--gpg-options=--default-key= XXXXXXXX \
--force \
--verbosity Notice \
--allow-source-mismatch
--exclude **/Documents/Virtual?Machines/**"

The blank PASSPHRASE should mean that duplicity does not use the terminal to
prompt for a password.  Since it is merely encrypting and signing it does not
need a passphrase as it works if I just run the script.  This has worked for
years.  However now I get the following as duplicity tries to set the terminal
to raw.  The documentation man page claims that I do not need to set
SIGN_PASSPHRASE separately since it will default to the regular passphrase.

/sw/lib/python2.7/getpass.py:83: GetPassWarning: Can not control echo on the
terminal.
  passwd = fallback_getpass(prompt, stream)
Warning: Password input may be echoed.
GnuPG passphrase for signing key: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sw/bin/duplicity", line 1403, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/sw/bin/duplicity", line 1396, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/sw/bin/duplicity", line 1351, in main
    globals.gpg_profile.signing_passphrase = get_passphrase(1, action, True)
  File "/sw/bin/duplicity", line 158, in get_passphrase
    pass1 = getpass.getpass(_("GnuPG passphrase for signing key:")+" ")
  File "/sw/lib/python2.7/getpass.py", line 83, in unix_getpass
    passwd = fallback_getpass(prompt, stream)
  File "/sw/lib/python2.7/getpass.py", line 118, in fallback_getpass
    return _raw_input(prompt, stream)
  File "/sw/lib/python2.7/getpass.py", line 135, in _raw_input
    raise EOFError
EOFError