Re: [Duplicity-talk] Keep running out of space on restore

From: Monte Milanuk
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Keep running out of space on restore
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:34:58 -0800

On 12/13/2012 11:20 AM, address@hidden wrote:

what do you mean by sticky?

well... generally mucking about with local versions of tar balls in the user directory, then fixing permissions so that I could access the necessary directories as a user, not just as root... partly because my home directory is encrypted, which means its not accessible to link to (even for root) if I'm not logged in. Granted, I'm about the only user on this laptop, but still...

and.. whats your distro? there are rpms and ubuntu packages on the webpage
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/

Ah... nuts. My mistake. I'd seen the launchpad site https://launchpad.net/duplicity but since I didn't see a PPA there, I didn't think there was one. Apparently I missed the mention of it on the duplicity home page. That should make things considerably simpler all around.

I'm using Mint 14, which will probably use the Ubuntu 12.10 packages easily enough.