Re: [Duplicity-talk] Big bandwidth bill from Rackspace

From: James Patterson
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Big bandwidth bill from Rackspace
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:13:47 -0700

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 01:36 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> On 10.06.2013 21:56, James Patterson wrote:
> > I'm not seeing it... can you help me out?
> >

> "
> verify [--file-to-restore <relpath>]
>     Enter verify mode instead of restore. If the --file-to-restore option
>     is given, restrict verify to that file or directory. duplicity will
>     exit with a non-zero error level if any files are different. On
>     verbosity level 4 or higher, log a message for each file that has
>     changed.
> "
>
> if you think that's to unclear feel free to provide a modified text. i
> could wrangle it into a patch then.

Thanks. I would suggest:

Enter verify mode instead of restore. This will restore each file from
the latest backup and compare it to the local copy.
If the --file-to-restore option is given, restrict verify to that file
or directory. duplicity will exit with a non-zero error level if any
files are different. On verbosity level 4 or higher, log a message for
each file that has changed.

But one moment: that man page is from duplicity, not from duply. If
duply is aimed at being the friendlier more convenient front-end to
duplicity, then there really needs to be a mention of it in duply's man
page.