[Duplicity-talk] what verify does

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] what verify does
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:05:10 +0200

Ken,

we just had some discussion on the list about what verify does. you once wrote
on (answer 13)

"
Verify is
done by comparing the archive contents with the stored signatures, i.e.
the original file with its hash value.
"

during adding --compare-data and the time after that i tried to check what
verify does, but could not find a check against any checksum. i only found
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.6-series/view/head:/duplicity/path.py#L334
where several attributes (mtime, stat, type) and optionally content of a
restored file in the duptmp folder are compared against the actual local source
file.

what i could determine is that duplicity does check the volume against an
existing checksum though in duplicity.restore_get_enc_fileobj(backend,
filename, volume_info)
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.6-series/view/head:/bin/duplicity#L734
is that what you meant?

it seems to me that what you stated above is not correct. or is it?

where exactly does duplicity.verify() compare against the mentioned checksum?

thanks.. ede/duply.net