[Duplicity-talk] Thank you for Duplicity

From: Jacob Godserv
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Thank you for Duplicity
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 18:05:47 +0000

Hey guys,

I just did a complete reinstall of Funtoo Linux. I was able to successfully restore my package manager configuration, home directory, and local package overlay, all with a few restore commands. Despite there being network access, it was local and unencrypted, so recovery time was surprisingly fast.

I wanted to thank the volunteers of this project who continue to maintain this software. I use it hourly both at home and at work, and it's an amazing feeling to be able to recover just about anything without having to wrestle overly complicated backup software configurations and filesystem requirements to get it to work the way I want.

tldr: I'm back up and running now, with all my projects and configurations intact. Thanks everyone for your hard work. I appreciate it. :)