Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity error with s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com

From: Nicolas Aspert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity error with s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 12:55:03 +0100

Hello

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 2:48 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07.01.2015 00:11, Christian Saga wrote:

> Hi there,
> I wanted to switch to the new S3 datacenter in Frankfurt, however when
> doing so, I receive a 403 error. Similar to what was described in a
> question asked on launchpad:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/duplicity/+question/256418
>
> However no one is picking this up? Does anyone here have a solution or
> idea what to do?

I encountered the same issue. Here is how to make it work: before using duplicity, set the following environment variable
S3_USE_SIGV4="True"

and use the full url to access your bucket, e.g.
duplicity [your options here] s3://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/my_own_bucket

check thisĀ http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/rande.html#s3_region andĀ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26744712/s3-using-boto-and-sigv4-missing-host-parameter (among other links)

Regards
Nicolas