[Duplicity-talk] How is --file-changed supposed to work?

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] How is --file-changed supposed to work?
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:58:06 -0700 (MST)

It appears from the duplicity man page that collection-status has an option --file-changed, which apparently should list the various versions of the specified file that are backed up. However I cannot seem to get it to work.

# duplicity collection-status --tempdir=/mnt/blob/tmp
--archive-dir=/mnt/blob/cache --file-changed=bin/ls
file:///space/duplicity/historic/mercury-freebsd
Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Last full backup date: Wed Nov  2 22:00:00 2005
-------------------------
File: bin/ls
Total number of backup: 0
 Type of backup set:                            Time:  Type of file change:

But bin/ls does appear when I do list-current-files (keeping --tempdir, --archive-dir and url the same), and it is restored when I restore this url. So shouldn't I see something here? I also tried "/bin/ls" and "./bin/ls".

(By the way, I noticed this while trying to debug another backup, where files were not restored although I thought they existed. I thought perhaps I had deleted the files at some point before the latest incremental, so I thought --file-changed would tell me if the files were in any of my incrementals.)

I am using duplicity 0.7.05 on ubunutu trusty (package 0.7.05-0ubuntu0ppa1130~ubuntu14.04.1 from the ppa).

Thanks!

--
Nate Eldredge
address@hidden