Re: [Duplicity-talk] Remove the last inc backup

From: Mark Grandi
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Remove the last inc backup
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 11:41:33 -0700

You should just be able to delete all of the files associated with that incremental backup, and it will be like it never existed

the files should be like:

duplicity-inc.<DATE_START>.to.<DATE_END>.manifest.gpg
duplicity-new-signatures.<DATE_START>.to.<DATE_END>.sigtar.gz.gpg
the difftar files for all of the volumes for the date range

you just have to find all the files that have the correct start date -> to date, like ".20160301T165929Z.to.20160301T173430Z" and then just delete those. Verify with 'duplicity collection-status' to make sure that it correctly detects that the latest incremental backup was removed. Duplicity will say that it deleted the manifest/sigtar files from your archive_dir cache since they will no longer be present in the backend.

~Mark