[Duplicity-talk] Predicting size of ~/.config/duplicity/

From: William Furnass
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Predicting size of ~/.config/duplicity/
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:29:00 +0100

Hi,

I'm wanting to use LVM2 to create snapshots of my home and root
partitions then back up those using duplicity to ensure that I get
point-in-time backups.  The issue I have at present is knowing how
much space to allocate to my root snapshot, which is typically a
function of how much churn there is under /root/.config/duplicity.

Is there a calculation that gives me a worst case estimate for how
much might be changed/written in .config/duplicity over the course of
a backup, using e.g. the total number of files in non-excluded
directories?

Cheers,

Will