[Duplicity-talk] how to deal properly with hard links

From: covici
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] how to deal properly with hard links
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 12:29:26 -0400

I am interested in backing up my linux server to my azure storage and it
seems duplicity is one of very few solutions which will do this, but it
does not support hard links.  I found duplicity.py on the net which
dumps them into a file and then you can backup the file and restore
them, but the problem with this method is that during the backup, if I
read my page correctly, the hard links will be backed up as a regular
file -- and I have hundreds, if not more of these, so how can I exclude
all but the actual file (at least one) from the backup, so we don't get
duplicates?  Or is there an actual patch to support these properly?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici