Re: [Duplicity-talk] remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full seems not working

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full seems not working
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 14:12:45 +0200

On 26.05.2016 13:47, James Corteciano via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used duplicity-0.6.26 and duply-1.6.
>
> Here is output of the status / collection-status
> {http://pastebin.com/QJ32mzWF}.
>
> When I ran the command "duply backup-name purge-incr", it doesn't deleting
> incremental backups for May 18, 19, and 21.
> This is the verbose level 9 output after running the command above -
> {http://pastebin.ca/3609448}.
>
> This is my configuration of backup-name set - {http://pastebin.com/YtrNaaKr}.
>
> Have I misunderstood the commands and config file, or is there a legitimate
> issue?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.

James,

here's what the manpage http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html states

"
remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full <count> [--force] <url>
    Delete incremental sets of all backups sets that are older than the
count:th last full backup (in other words, keep only old full backups and not
their increments). count must be larger than zero. A value of 1 means that only
the single most recent backup chain will be kept intact. Note that --force will
be needed to delete the files instead of just listing them.
"

and duply's manpage http://duply.net/wiki/index.php/Duply-documentation

"
  purgeIncr [<max_fulls_with_incrs>] [--force]
             list outdated incremental backups ($MAX_FULLS_WITH_INCRS being
             the number of full backups which associated incrementals will be
             kept, counting in reverse chronological order)
              [use --force to actually delete these files]
"

your output says you only have only 2 chains and your command said to not touch
these ;)

..ede/duply.net