[Duplicity-talk] please beta test native Amazon Drive Backend

From: Stefan Breunig
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] please beta test native Amazon Drive Backend
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:53:34 +0200

Hello,

I've written a backend for AmazonDrive that works directly with their
API instead of going through a third party tool (like acd_cli). Before
I submit a patch to Duplicity, it would be nice to have a wider
audience give it a spin.

You can find instructions here:
https://github.com/breunigs/duplicity-amazondrive

If you have previously used "acd+acdcli" as a backend, you can simply
replace that with "amazondrive" and oauth the new backend once. After
that, you can use either backend in case problems arise.

If you discover any bugs, please report them via this mailing list or
on GitHub, whatever you prefer.

Note: the backend runs on keys that are whitelisted with "developer
limits" only. They do not say what those are. I have requested
"production limits" months ago, but developer support for Amazon Drive,
well, less than stellar. My gut feeling says this will not be a
problem, though: acd_cli has been demoted to "developer limits" some
weeks ago and apart from one "getChanges" call appears to work fine.
This backend does not call "getChanges", so I guess it is safe even for
upstream inclusion.

Cheers
Stefan