[Duplicity-talk] Local cache directory with hashes at ~/.cache despite a

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Local cache directory with hashes at ~/.cache despite archive-dir and name set
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 03:04:39 -0500

I have a local directory that appears to be a copy of the directory that I specify as my archive-dir except that it appears that the hashes correlate to --name and the backup destination folder.

As specified, the back destination folder seems to be involved with generating the hash corresponding to a named backup.

I have 3 questions, why is the backup destination folder involved?
1. I changed the path of the backup destination folder and the hash folders corresponding to the named backups had to be recreated. Is there a way to avoid having the backup destination folder involved with generating the hashes so this cache directory would not have to be repopulated when the destination path changes?
2. Why is this cache directory in use when it is specified that it is only in use when an archive-dir is not specified?
3. It would appear that this directory may have something to do with resumable backups incase of network failure. If so, the documentation is either incorrect with regards to --archive-dir or confusing. Please specify the nature and functionality of the ~/.cache directory when archive-dir is specified.
4. Is it possible to implement repopulation of this cache directory from the -archive-dir instead of the destination metadata?