Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity does not cache gdocs verification code

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity does not cache gdocs verification code
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 14:31:34 +0100

On 06.01.2017 01:47, Owen Jacob via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> Hi Edgar,
>
> Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:
>
> 1. I am using duplicity 0.7.10

recent enough

> 2. I did do the dance as described in "a note on PyDrive". I am using a
> regular account to store the backup so I created the client ID and client
> secret for the Drive API. The bit I am missing is the last sentence of the
> note. I run my backup, it asks me to visit the URL to authorise access to my
> drive but it never cache's my verification so I must re-authenticate every
> time I run the backup.

2a.does the file configured as

  save_credentials_file: <filename to cache credentials>

exist, or is it created after a successful access? try deleting it, if it
exists first.

2b. can you post the GOOGLE_DRIVE_SETTINGS settings file (private strings
obfuscated)?

2c. maybe a bug in pydrive? what's your version? can you upgrade to a latest
stable?

> 3. I have --allow-source-mismatch on after I tided up our DNS server. The
> reverse lookup had a different hostname than the fileserver so Duplicity
> wouldn't increment the existing backup. Is using that flag bad practice?

no, but it is used to resolve a precaution error that is raised in case you for
some reason try to backup from another machine into the same remote folder.
so, simply using it one time resolves the error, if you know what you're doing
;). after that is is not needed any more and you are "protected" again.

..ede/duply.net