[Duplicity-talk] CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV

From: zeug
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:51:43 +0100

Hi

Duplicity is broken on Gentoo since the following Python bits were stabilised
and therefore widely installed some days ago:

pycrypto-2.6.1-r2

Other libs which were updated at the same time:

setuptools-30.4.0
ply-3.9
cffi-1.9.1
cryptography-1.7.1

Since the update, trying to backup via SSH throws the following error now:

BackendException: ssh connection to XXXXXXXXXX:22 failed: CTR mode needs
counter parameter, not IV

I can't really dig into this since I've not coded Python so far. But there's an
ongoing discussion for a similar issue on Debian:

https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg1490984.html

Any idea how to work around this problem?

Cheers!  -sven

OT: I wouldn't mind duplicity-8 being Python-3 only.