Re: [Duplicity-talk] Minimizing risk on incremental

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Minimizing risk on incremental
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 22:53:10 +0100

Hello Manuel,

On 22.04.2017 15:15, Manuel Morales via Duplicity-talk wrote:

Is there any way to make duplicity just sync the file system, and avoid the
incremental part?

The attractive part of duplicity in my case is the encryption, but it seems the
“incremental backup” is not ideal for me.
in summary:

if you want to stick w/ duplicity, consider
  to do regular fulls
and
  verify regularly
and
  check your backup logs

In practice I address a similar problem to yours by running duplicity to a local folder (/external HDD etc) and then rsyncing the archive files to various places. That way you can verify every day/week and know that you have a working backup chain, but you only have to send the deltas to the remote location. Clearly this does not protect you if one of your archive files is corrupted etc on the remote server, unless this is picked up in the next rsync.

Kind regards,

Aaron