Re: [Duplicity-talk] azure backend problems

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] azure backend problems
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 09:28:19 -0500

The location is in the error message.  That's pip, so just use "$ sudo pip install azure-storage".

...Ken

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:19 AM, John Covici via Duplicity-talk <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using 0.7.12 azure with no issues.  You do need the storage api
which you have to get somewhere else, I have forgotten where I got
this from, its been a while.

On Thu, 06 Jul 2017 09:07:36 -0400,
Alex Kuklin via Duplicity-talk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering  if azure backend supported in any way.
>
> latest released vesion fails with "BackendException: Azure
> backend requires Microsoft Azure Storage SDK for Python
> (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/azure-storage/)."
>
> Error is around "from azure.storage.blob import BlobService".
>
> I tried also git master version.
> The whole package just don't build complaining on "error: package
> directory 'testing/overrides' does not exist".
> Replacing just the backend file alone leads to another error in it.
>
> Is it fixable any time soon or should I abandon "duplicity on azure" idea?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Alex

How do