[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity going very slow (170KB/s)

From: Sur Camares
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity going very slow (170KB/s)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 02:50:26 +0200

Hi all,

I'm having a very slow speed when making a backup with Duplicity (~170KB/s) and 100% CPU usage.

Origin device:
Destination device:
But also tested to localhost with same result.

The testing file is a 500MB file with /dev/urandom content.

My first try with Duplicity was:
After the low-speed results, I tried:

Always got the same: ~170KB/s.

I encrypted the file with GPG and I got ~25MB/s. Sending the same file directly with SCP to the Raspberry Pi was ~2.5MB/s.

I can't find why duplicity speed is only 170KB/s.

Attached you can find one -v9 log as example. Hope it helps.

Any ideas why is so slow?

Thank you very much!
S.