Re: [Duplicity-talk] New user questions

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] New user questions
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 16:42:49 -0400

Duplicity uses "all files changed since the last backup of any type”, incremental are cumulative and a corrupted incremental backup will cause subsequent incrementals to have issues.

The Manifest files are synchronized between the remote and client.  These may need frequent access.

I use Wasabi which is normal AWS compatible storage for almost glacier pricing.  Avoids having to try to anticipate all possible usage.

-Scott