dvdrtools-users

RE: [Dvdrtools-users] [OT] Sony releases DRU-500A, universal DVD +/- RW

From: Scott Prive
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] [OT] Sony releases DRU-500A, universal DVD +/- RW drive ...
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:07:22 -0400

Watch for price drops... early this month, rebates and discounts had this Sony
drive at $249 at Dell's website ( source: www.dealnews.com ).

I'm actually surprised Sony released this with 4X DVD-R, when they've been
promoting DVD+R. Given their involvement with creating an unnecessary second,
semi-incompatible format to compete with DVD-R, I expected them not to ship
DVD-R with such a speed advantage.

Anyone know if this drive works with dvdrtools? Maybe Sony will send Bero a
test unit :-)

-Scott