dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] problems with cd-r on pioneer A03

From: Johann Steinwendtner
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] problems with cd-r on pioneer A03
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:59:20 +0100

Hi !

I'm using a Pioneer A03 drive for DVD-R (DVD-RW) recording  using dvdrecord
without a problem.

However, I'm not able to burn CD-R using cdrecord 1.11a28. The machine
will hang completly (the reset button is the only way to recover) after
the cdrecord
program writes something like

starting to new track at
track 01: 0 of 407 Mb written .....

The ROM version of the drive is 1.65. Is it worth trying to upgrade to
the latest version like 2.0x ?
Are there any problems relating to dvdrecord with this FW version ?

Are there any IDE problems in the kernel ? (DMA has been turned off for
this drive)
I currently use 2.4.18  Suse 8.0.
Is anybody using the DVR-A03 for CD burning ?

Thanks for your help !

Best regards

Hans