dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Help with Sony DRX-500ULX drive

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Help with Sony DRX-500ULX drive
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:41:08 +1200

> > I assume cdrecord-ossdvd is identical to dvdrecord, except that it is
> > based on cdrecord 2. Is this correct Robert? In that case, dvdrecord
> > should be committed to the attic, and I didn't test it.
>
> Yes i'm afraid so ...

What do you mean by "afraid"? There are too many different programs
already, getting rid of a superseeded one is a bonus.

> speed=1 doesn't work, to put it better, the speed= command is not
> implemented. All parameters are adjusted at insertion of your DVD-R(W)
> media into the SONY drive. cdrecord-ossdvd cannot change those, neither
> can dvdrecord (dvdrtools).

Ah, thanks for that info. The open-source patch for dvds doesn't contain
speed control. Really nice would be to display a warning to that effect.

> >   write track data: error after 0 bytes
>
> somehow i cannot believe this ... could you try these commands ? :

I'd love to, but might not have access to the drive for a few more
weeks. When I have, I'll try it out. Could this be a SCSI
implementation problem? I could try the USB1.1 as well for comparison,
it will underrun the buffer, but not until after it's answered whether
it'll write more than 0 bytes. Anything else to try? There'll prob be
only one shot at the drive.

> # cdrecord-ossdvd -v dev=0,0,0 driveropts=burnfree -dao dvd_iso_image.raw

*That's* how to turn on burn-free... thanks!

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.