dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] problems continued...

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] problems continued...
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:09:39 +1200

> (?) The lead-in has a vaklue of -150 (or is the lead-in always
>     before the first track and thus has a negative value?)

Normal

> (?) The Disk type is 'Unknown'
> (?) The Manufacturer index is '-1'. Are these 2 values important
>     to burn the DVD?

You could use the list archive and look up my posts within the last 2
months about this. Also please follow my previous advice of trying out
cdrecord-prodvd first before asking whether there's a problem with
dvdrecord. We know dvdrecord doesn't always work and doesn't work as
well as cdrecord-prodvd.

> Trying to blank the DVD-RW seemed to be working earlier
> but now also results in an error;

I observed this kind of thing with a Sony 500. Eject the disk and
insert it again, then see whether the error persists.

> I hope somebody can help me again - cause if this

Tell us what happens with cdrecord-prodvd. Also tell us what happens
with the dvd patch to cdrecord 2.0 (link in my previous answer to your
same question).

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.