dvipng

[Fwd: Re: [Dvipng] Possible problem with dvipng version 1.8/FT fonts]

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Dvipng] Possible problem with dvipng version 1.8/FT fonts]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:34:43 +0200

And this:

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:06:46 +0100
From: William S. Harwin <address@hidden>
To: Jan-Åke Larsson <address@hidden>

Thanks for the help, that seems to be the problem. If I copy the version
1.7 ft.c into the 1.8 directory and compile all works fine. The problem
seems to be buried deep in the FT libraries. I did have a go compiling
dvipng with -g so I could to use gbx, but I only see the address of
currentfont->face

Interestingly
47c47
<                    FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_NO_HINTING |
FT_LOAD_TARGET_LIGHT))
---
>                    FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_NO_HINTING ))

doesn't work either so I  guess a short term fix would be to try the
version 1.8 load flags and if that fails try the 1.7 load flags!

William