dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] htlatex

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] htlatex
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:26:29 +0200

ADILSON DOS ANJOS wrote:
I'm using 'htlatex' in Ubuntu 6.06. The 'dvipng' isn't working. I used the 'jpg' option and I had the same problem.

There isn't any jpg option, so I would be surprised if that worked. You can choose between png and gif output. Ah, perhaps there is to htlatex. There certainly isn't to dvipng. jpg is tuned for photographs, not ink drawing (like TeX output)

I think that problem is related whith my Linux system (a missing pkg, maybe). But, I don't know what is happening. Can you help me? some tip?

####
Execute script `apostila.lg'
----------------------------
t4ht.c (2005-02-21-19:12 kpathsea)
t4ht -f/apostila.tex
  -cvalidatehtml
(/usr/share/texmf/tex4ht/tex4ht.env)
Entering apostila.lg
System call: dvipng -q -mode ibmvga -D 110 -o apostila0x.png -T tight -pp 2 -bg 'Transparent' apostila.idv
This is dvipng 1.5 Copyright 2002-2005 Jan-ke Larsson
--- Warning --- System return: 13
###

That dvipng call is appropriate for a pre-release version of dvipng. dvipng 1.x has been around for more than two years. The metafont mode specification "-mode ibmvga" should not be used without an accompanying --bdpi option. Moreover, it is not necessary, the -D 110 option handles the resolution on its own. I suggest you remove that "-mode ibmvga" thing and try again. Contact me again and report the results, I want to know if this improves things.

I suspect this should also be reported to the ubuntu packager of htlatex, since they probably wrote that call.

/JÅ

--
TeX, n.: A part of a typesetting system that preserves the medieval
         traditions of sorcery and black art.