dvipng

[Dvipng] Re: Fwd: dvipng baselines

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: [Dvipng] Re: Fwd: dvipng baselines
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:38:19 +0100

Andrew Hoefel wrote:
> Hi, I tried to send this bug report to address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden> but it was rejected.

Probably you're not a list member, see
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/dvipng

> Thanks for making the dvipng package -- it's such a clean way to get
> formulas out of latex.
> I'm making some collaborative online textbook software and want to
> include latex equations.
> I'm having problems with the -depth option --- the base line seems off
> when equations are put side-by-side.
> In particular the e's in $qe$ and $e$ don't line up. I'm using
> preview.sty as you recommend.
> Do I need to provide preview.sty with certain options to make things
> work out? Or are these simply rounding errors?

This works for me. With the file
----------------------------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[active,textmath]{preview}
\begin{document}
$e$,$qe$
\end{document}
I get

> ../cvs/dvipng/dvipng -Ttight -height -depth test
This is ../cvs/dvipng/dvipng 1.9 Copyright 2002-2006 Jan-Ake Larsson
[1 depth=0 height=6] [2 depth=3 height=6]

The first image is a six-pixel high 'e' and the second is a nine-pixel
high 'qe', with the baseline three pixels up from the bottom of the picture.

/JÅ

--
Cats humour us because they know that their ancestors ate ours