dvipng

[Dvipng] dvipng and pstricks

From: Michael Sharpe
Subject: [Dvipng] dvipng and pstricks
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:59:53 -0700

I've set up the CVS version of dvipng so as to be able to call gs. I'm having trouble with raw postscript inclusions, as generated by PSTricks. The GS output is reported as

NO IMAGE dvipng warning: No GhostScript pngalpha output, cannot render raw PostScript

The GS CALL (a result of -d 256) was

gs -sDEVICE=pngalpha -r100x100 -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -q -sOutputFile=- - dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dSAFER -

I've attached a small dvi file with a minimal example. (This does work properly with dvips+ps2eps+eps2png, but is considerable slower than dvipng.)

Thanks, by the way, for this fine tool, which has worked quickly and correctly in most cases. Any help you can suggest would be appreciated.

Michael