dvipng

[Dvipng] Support Request: Trying to install dvipng on Mac OS X 10.6 - ca

From: Michael A. Balazs
Subject: [Dvipng] Support Request: Trying to install dvipng on Mac OS X 10.6 - cannot find/use libkpathsea
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 01:40:58 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to install dvipng on my new mac and get the following error when running ./configure:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gs... gs
checking whether gs has the pngalpha device... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for deflate in -lz... yes
checking for png_read_image in -lpng... yes
checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... yes
checking for kpse_set_program_name in -lkpathsea... no
configure: error: cannot find/use libkpathsea

I have installed libkpathsea using fink and it can be found here

ls /sw/lib/libkpathsea.*
/sw/lib/libkpathsea.4.0.0.dylib    /sw/lib/libkpathsea.4.dylib    /sw/lib/libkpathsea.a        /sw/lib/libkpathsea.dylib    /sw/lib/libkpathsea.la

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael